Fighting starts from awareness of the problems and possible solutions.
What is Environment? , What is environmentalism ?, What is global warming?, What is Sustainability?
Climate changes, ecology, water shortage problems..
Our world is under danger.
Focusing on environmental awareness ,trainings and education are very important.
There are many ways to saving our waters from pollution..We should not see these actions small for cleaning pollution. Every drop is very important for us and for our future.
· DO NOT pour fat from cooking or any other type of fat, oil, or grease down the sink. Keep a “fat jar” under the sink to collect the fat and discard in the solid waste when full.
· DO NOT dispose of household chemicals or cleaning agents down the sink or toilet.
· DO NOT flush pills, liquid or powder medications or drugs down the toilet.
· Avoid using the toilet as a wastebasket. Most tissues, wrappers, dust cloths, and other paper goods should be properly discarded in a wastebasket. The fiber reinforced cleaning products that have become popular should never be discarded in the toilet.
· Avoid using a garbage disposal. Keep solid wastes solid. Make a compost pile from vegetable scraps.
· Take showers instead of baths, since baths require more water.
· Turn off your faucets when you aren't using water, such as when you're brushing your teeth.
· Don't overwater your lawn. Make sure lawn sprinklers are turned off when it rains.
· Water your garden before the sun comes up or after it sets to reduce evaporation, which leads to water waste.
· Help clean up litter in water-filled areas. If you can't find a local group working to reduce water pollution in your area, you might be just the person to start one! Consider hosting a cleanup day. Set a date, publicize the event, and have a plan in place for collecting and disposing of the trash.
· Install a water efficient toilet. In the meantime, put a brick or 1/2 gal container in the standard toilet tank to reduce water use per flush.
· Run the dishwasher or clothes washer only when you have a full load. This conserves electricity and water.
· Use the minimum amount of detergent and/or bleach when you are washing clothes or dishes. Use only phosphate free soaps and detergents.
· DO NOT dispose of these chemicals, motor oil, or other automotive fluids into the sanitary sewer or storm sewer systems. Minimize the use of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers. Both of them end at the river or sea.
We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity.
We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.